Friday, July 16, 2010

another joshua news ♥ ♥

Joshua Ang leaves MediaCorp to run recycling business


Posted: 15 July 2010 2030 hrs

Photos1 of 1

Joshua Ang
SINGAPORE: Singapore actor Joshua Ang will not be renewing his contract with MediaCorp when it expires end July in order to focus on his recycling business, reported xinmsn.com.

"I did not renew my contract because I hope to put my heart into a recycling business I started with a friend of mine," said Ang.

"It is not because I am unhappy with the company, or because the firm had treated me poorly. It is just that I am still young so I want to try new things."

The 21-year-old actor declined to give further details about his two-month-old start-up, claiming that the information was a trade secret, but pointed out that his departure would also give him more time to take care of his father and soon-to-be-enlisted younger brother.

Ang made his acting debut in Jack Neo's 2002 film "I Not Stupid" at the tender age of eleven.

He joined MediaCorp after his National Service in 2008 and garnered praise for his performance in Channel 8 dramas "Table of Glory" and "New Beginnings". The rising star was named one of the Top 10 Most Popular Male Artistes in the 2010 Star Awards.

Cop drama "Unriddle", which debuts August 4, will be Ang's last project, though he said he would not rule out returning to the screen, if a good script turns up and the filming does not affect his running of his business.

- CNA/ha

No comments:

Post a Comment